|Job Type:||Full Time|
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive Salary on Offer
- Opportunity to drive change and make a difference as part of a top 50 ASX listed organisation
- Full time permanent position
- Supportive culture and values driven environment
At Aurizon, we are continuing to innovate the way we do things whilst improving Safety outcomes for our People and delivery performance for our Customers. Due to this, we are seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our Project management function to support our Train Guard project that is being rolled out across our Central Queensland Coal Network.
In this dynamic role, there are various streams of delivery at its core: including: concept development and analysis of potential technology and business solutions, adapting and adopting financial models to inform key items such as benefits realisation, and owning relevant stakeholder relationships during commercial and contract negotiations.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is driven to succeed in this role whilst taking it to the next level, being part of a team that will help build the pathway for the business into future projects.
About the role:
- Develop and proactively manage internal and external relationships in a proactive and solution focused way and effectively contribute to ongoing information sharing and knowledge management of relevant subject matters
- Develop, maintain and update relevant models (where required), databases, systems and documents as well as analyse and validate relevant data/information to assess business opportunities, provide expert advice and recommendations
- Propose effective strategies, initiative and recommendations, evaluate and communicate their risks and the potential impacts of alternative solutions
- Analyse and challenge relevant information, evaluate the level of risk and recommend effective strategies and solutions to overcome potential barriers to success
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislative/statutory obligations and enterprise policies, codes, values, standards and procedures, where required.
- 5+ years’ experience essential and relevant tertiary degree (business, commercial or similar) advantageous
- Demonstrated previous experience working within a Project Management environment
- High level of technical skill in programming and utilising analytical software, database applications and other relevant technologies used to extract data and analyse information
- High level of analytical, research and problem-solving skills to provide value adding solutions and recommendations
- High level of skill in providing strategic and risk analysis advice to key stakeholders in the development and/or evaluation of relevant significant business opportunities
- Extensive knowledge of the strategic issues that face large organisations including an understanding and interpretation of complex drivers that impact business performance
- High level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication and relationship management skills including negotiating outcomes, networking with and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- High level of project management skills to work successfully and implement strategic initiatives that deliver sustainable results
- High level of skill working both autonomously and collaboratively in a team as well as the ability to coach and mentor others
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Great location in Fortitude Valley with high end refurbished offices (depending on location)
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view our policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited candidates for our roles. Any candidates that may have been sent to our hiring managers that they wish to hire, will be done so at 2% + GST fee with a 100% refund should the candidate leave within 12 months.