|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Specific focus on employee engagement and communications
- Exciting opportunity at Greater Hope Downs Operations – FIFO – 5:2 4:3
- Flexible work arrangements including part-time, will be considered
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for an Engagement Specialist to develop and implement best practice communication strategies that foster engagement at Greater Hope Downs.
This role is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to act as a role model inspiring change through developing tailored content for our communications channels, effectively identify and manage communication risks to improve safety, performance, productivity and engagement.
As a trusted advisor, you will be relied on for your expertise, developing content for the General Manager, supporting key business projects and managing communication activities to inform, involve and collaborate with our key stakeholders.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Business Services Superintendent and working in a challenging and exciting environment, you will be:
- Developing and executing the Greater Hope Downs communications strategy to support engagement initiatives;
- Tailoring content for the General Manager and the Management Team;
- Developing and shaping the ‘Connected Worker’ strategy and support the project implementation as part of our digital journey;
- Developing, delivering and reporting on content for communication channels that drive key site priorities, including management of core channels. This includes, but not limited to campaigns, organisational announcements, site screens, SharePoint, project updates and dashboards, newsletters, Yammer, video production and graphic design;
- Assisting local engagement and partnership between GHD Leaders, workforce and key partners including Traditional Owner groups, community and regional partnerships;
- Working with Iron Ore communications specialists to establish effective, innovative and best-in-class communication strategies, with emphasis on our purpose, performance, employee stories, productivity and Health Safety and Environment approach;
- Supporting the delivery of business wide projects by providing effective and engaging communications advice and measuring and evaluating impact;
- Leading and facilitating Employee Advisory Groups across Greater Hope Downs;
- Building strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation;
- Balancing strategic work with day-to-day execution in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll bring
- Tertiary qualification in communications or a related field will be highly regarded;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with demonstrated employee communications experience;
- Proven ability to effectively influence stakeholders, ensure initiatives are delivered on-time and coach leadership;
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder analysis, engagement and planning;
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams as well as independently to deliver business wide communications initiatives;
- A high level of computer literacy with MS Office, Adobe and Apps;
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority;
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto;
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program;
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family;
- Attractive share ownership plan;
- Company provided insurance cover;
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options;
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions;
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support;
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave);
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more);
- Possible domestic relocation assistance.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Applications close on 17th January 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.