|Job Type:||Full Time|
Superintendent Reserves Data Management
- Work for a global mining company with an exceptional safety culture
- Manage orebody block models for over 200 iron ore deposits
- Great opportunity to develop and shape leading data management solutions
- Family friendly Monday to Friday role working in the Perth CBD
About the role
We are looking for a Superintendent to lead our Reserve Data Management team. This team is responsible for the generation and management of Rio Tinto Iron Ore’s 3-D mine planning models and the development of associated tools and technologies.
This role is an excellent opportunity to lead a small team of data management and architecture experts. In this role, you will:
- Ensure the Reserve Data Management team continues to meet stakeholder expectations
- Develop, implement and administer fit-for-purpose data management solutions to support our mine planning processes from studies to grade control and reconciliation
- Deliver and administer innovative data repositories and related information management systems for Iron Ore
- Understand, define and manage business requirements regarding systems, information and data
- Provide subject matter expertise in data management and processing to resource evaluation, mine geology, environmental, geotechnical, mine planning and other teams as required
We are an open, connected international team of technical specialists using some of the most exciting data and tools on the planet. We are the world leader in automation and smart mining. We have technical development programmes that are industry-leading and recognise the unique nature of your role. These provide opportunities to grow your career through a dedicated technical path while being rewarded for your unique skills.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering, Geoscience, Computer Science, or related disciplines
- Extensive experience in modifying and working with orebody block models
- Sound analytical skills to understand business requirements, and identify efficient, fit-for-purpose solutions to meet evolving customer needs
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and a passion for innovation
- Strong SQL Server programming and development experience
- A proven ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders to achieve customer-focused outcomes through the sharing of expertise, skills and technical capability
- Exceptional problem solving skills
It will be highly regarded if you also have:
- Programming skills in Perl, Python, C# or other programming languages
- Experience in Reserve and Resource reporting in accordance with industry codes
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
In the Perth CBD, Central Park. In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.