|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
With our state of the art facility now in operation, we are looking to appoint a Business Process Specialist to complement our existing team. The Integrated Management System team leads the overall planning, development and effective rollout of all business process and integrated management system activities across all of RDA business across Asia-Pacific, including the L400 program. Interacting with our manufacturing operations in Australia, as well as with our sister Entities across Europe and key global suppliers.
About the role
Reporting to the IMS Manager, the Business Process Specialist is a key member of our Quality team. Consultative and engaged within the business, you will be responsible for mapping all current business processes and identifying opportunities and areas for improvement, while also establishing success metrics and reporting mechanisms in alignment with our ISO 9001 and other accreditations and related Management System requirements. You will also work closely with departmental leaders to help implement policy, procedures and operational efficiencies.
As a Business Process Specialist with RDA, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Mapping and designing new business processes as well as improving existing processes;
- Work with operational, functional and support staff to gather requirements, develop specifications, assist in documenting new processes and procedures, facilitate testing, training and user acceptance for new processes and oversee the rollout of the solutions;
- Develop and maintain process descriptions and related work instructions;
- Continuously assess business processes with related participants to accurately document standard processes and approved variations;
- Work closely with business process owners, custodians and subject matter experts, and the business (operations), to identify, analyse, document and optimise core business processes and workflows;
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Business Management system, ISO9001 and other related Management System requirements;
- Analyse process models, compare them to the future and improved designs and determine the necessary changes for arriving at the improved state; and
- Identify, document and analyse business rules that govern the implementation of business processes.
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Completed formal training in Quality such as a Certificate or Diploma is advantageous;
- Experience in developing, managing and improving a Business Management System;
- Proven experience in designing and developing business processes for a design and manufacturing framework;
- Experience in Process Modelling (using tools such as BPMN, EPC, UML, etc);
- Formal training in business process mapping management will be helpful for this role;
- Comprehensive understanding of ISO 9001 suite of standards;
- An ability to demonstrate soft skills including a high level of independence, the ability to communicate complex ideas to a diverse audience, and conflict management and resolution;
- Sound computer literacy; and
- Be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment screening; and
What's on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400.
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing.
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 28 January 2020
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Tali Butler on +61 428 881 736 and quote AU00261