|Job Type:||Full Time|
BHP is one of the world's largest global resources company, with operations throughout Australia and around the world. The iron ore, copper, coal, nickel, oil and gas we produce is used to grow cities all around the world, helping to build schools, hospitals, bridges and transport as well as the household appliances, modern electronics and new technology millions of people use every day.
We've been supporting people and communities all across the countries in which we operate, from the Pilbara to the Atacama Desert in Chile, for generations by creating jobs, backing businesses and investing in social programs. And it's our purpose and privilege to continue to keep bringing people and resources together to build a better world.
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
- Permanent Supervisor opportunity available
- Even time roster – 6 on 6 off
- Competitive salary on offer + fantastic company benefits
We are seeking a Supervisor Dragline Stripping to join our production overburden team at Saraji Mine on a 6 on 6 off roster. Reporting to the Dragline Production Execution Superintendent you will be responsible for the Supervision of the Dragline and Production Dozer team in operating the production plant, equipment and infrastructure in compliance with operating standards, procedures, work instructions and defined processes to achieve optimal production outcomes.
Key responsibilities include
- Supervises the execution of the week zero (0) production schedule
- Identifies and implements Production function improvement initiatives with support from Production Analysis & Improvement (A&I)
- Provides feedback to the Production Execution Superintendent on equipment capability assumptions
- Builds cross-functional relationships with the Operational sub-functions to support the delivery of production
- Leads the team in the reporting of events and hazards in a timely and accurate manner and responsible for the investigation process
- Supervises the delivery of training in accordance with the Production function training curriculum.
- Overriding commitment to safety and compliance
- Previous leadership and supervisory experience beneficial, but not essential
- Competencies in S1, S2, S3 & G2 highly advantageous
- Knowledge of optimising existing business systems and experience with analysis of variances, trends, risks and opportunities
- Ability to plan, organise and coordinate a variety of tasks within a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively use computer programs such as the Microsoft Office suite and 1SAP
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.