|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno has a unique leadership opportunity for an experienced senior engineering leader to join our Mackay office as Branch Manager. You will contribute to building upon the success of the current business by demonstrating your commitment to producing strong financial results, maintaining excellent client relations, providing staff with professional development and maintaining our commitment to zero harm.
Cardno has also embraced 'Work Your Way', which enables flexible working tailored to your individual circumstance through an environment of empowerment and trust.
Our Mackay office services a range of clients and with a specific focus on local government and the mining sector. As a recognised growth region, you will play a key role in growing our existing key clients and exploring new opportunities.
You will work alongside our Geosciences team, a high performing business unit of approximately 30 staff based in Mackay and servicing Queensland. As leader of the local team, growth and success off the office will also be through collaboration with the local Geosciences team, and through sharing of work with the entire Regional Queensland team of approximately 100 staff located across eight branches throughout Queensland.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include -
- Winning valuable business through the management and development of new and existing client relationships
- Developing and implementing the business development strategy
- Fostering the highest standards of client service
- Ensuring the office meets the agreed financial Key Performance Indicators
- Providing leadership, guidance and support to staff
- Providing technical engineering input on projects
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering coupled with at least ten years' experience within a senior position
- Professional registration (eg. RPEQ, CPEng)
- Demonstrated leadership experience and an ability to drive a high performing team
- Strong commercial acumen to align performance with overall goals and achieve profitability in an efficient and cost effective way
- An ability to influence and negotiate through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed client relations and stakeholder management skills
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.