|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to join our Fortitude Valley office. This is a newly created position and an excellent opportunity for an emerging professional to take a step forward in their career.
Cardno has also embraced 'Work Your Way', which enables flexible working tailored to your individual circumstance through an environment of empowerment and trust. As part of onboarding, Cardno will work with you to tailor a flexible work plan that balances the business needs and your personal circumstances.
Located in our global headquarters, you will be part of a dynamic office that values their people. While gaining exposure and networking opportunities within our global hub as well as key touchpoints within our regional offices, you will fast-track your career in a range of projects across Queensland and Australia. You will play a key role in delivering our projects with from master planned communities and high-density developments through to infrastructure projects for Council and TMR.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Undertaking civil engineering design, review and project management for a wide range of land development and road infrastructure projects
- Provision of specialist design and reporting expertise within a multi-disciplinary office
- Coordination of engineering design by interpreting Council policies, specialist reporting and civil engineering design standards;
- Management of client relationships on allocated projects
- Assisting senior managers with business development activities
- Conducting site inspections
- Administering Construction Contracts
- A commitment to Cardno's vision of Zero Harm
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated two to five years' experience within a civil infrastructure environment
- Strong client relationship skills
- Acute communication skills to liaise with the team, senior management and external stakeholders to produce commercial, client focused outcomes
- Business acumen
- An enthusiasm and drive to contribute to the growth and development of the team
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.