|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sodexo provides a range of services at remote locations across Australia, servicing both on-shore and off-shore sites, in difficult and challenging environments. At Sodexo, our Energy & Resources segment serves four markets: Mining, Offshore & Marine, Onshore Energy, and Engineering & Construction Projects. Our growing team of employees is dedicated to improving productivity, building meaningful client relationships, reducing on-site problems and improving quality of life for the thousands of Australians who call our remote sites home.
The Business Improvement Manager role supports the Head of Commercial in developing and implementing commercial and financial strategy, policy and standards and is accountable for the commercial and financial integrity of site accounts, processes and systems, and assists with development and implementation of these into the business. (Including but not limited to revenue and labour management, cash, cost control, contract interpretation, financial analysis and reporting). This role ensures site adherence to national controls, policies, procedures, provides guidance, support and risk management to the Energy and Resources Operations team with regards to commercial and financial matters.
The Business Improvement Manager will establish strong relationships with clients and partner with key stakeholders in the business aimed at embedding the customer centric culture by identifying opportunities for standardised service offerings and continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure operational and subcontractor compliance with national business controls, systems, processes and contract requirements.
- Assist in driving change in relation to site financial processes, setting the tone for a positive working culture and role modelling behaviours for the way the business will operate
- Provide analytical support including data gathering, analysis, interpretation and providing recommendations
- Support the growth and development of VM’s and HOD’s through providing financial and commercial coaching and mentoring
- Regular site visits
- Communicate effectively with clients & business unit stakeholders, clients, and external parties
- Contract compliance reviews and analysis
Financial and Commercial Responsibilities
- Ensure appropriate financial governance, policies and procedures are in place to ensure the integrity of the site financial processes including billing, cash, labour, stock and asset management
- Assist with debtor collection and creating a credit risk management focus regarding billing
- Assist with evaluation and analysis of operational site performance in order to optimise profitability, and efficiencies
- Assist with preparation and dissemination of the annual budgets and quarterly forecasts to the business including analysis and insight of data provided
- Participate in national commercial projects and mobilisations, identifying opportunities for standardisation and continuous improvement projects
- Identify and manage commercial and financial risk within the business and advise on appropriate mitigation measures
- Commercial Development of Bid Models for new business and or contract retentions
- Assist with the delivery of month end accounts preparation and reporting within strict guidelines and timeframes.
- Provide accurate, timely financial reports, analysis and insight into financial data provided
- Continually develop and improve reporting processes, timing and generation of monthly management reports.
What you need to bring
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in an Accounting/Finance role
- Commercial / Accounting Degree qualification or significant work completed towards obtaining
- Sound understanding of a range of accounting processes
- Demonstrated ability in meeting deadlines, to be able to set realistic goals, problem solve and establish priorities
- Demonstrable strong analytical skills, careful attention to detail and investigative mindset
- Ability to multi-task with multiple priorities and timeframes
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with Clients and Stakeholder
Additional skills that will help you stand out
- Ability to take ownership and successfully deliver projects
- Ability to work as part of a team to successfully deliver projects
- Experience in service-related businesses
Sodexo values the following behaviours:
- Resilience: Determined to succeed; does not give up easily; wants to get the job done; adaptable and flexible; responsive to change; sees change as a learning opportunity; good at handling pressure; manages their own stress well; gets the job done despite obstacles; follow-through; accepts responsibility for own actions/decisions.
- Personal Effectiveness: High level of self-awareness; willingness to learn; exercises self-control; awareness of impact on others; handles stress well; self-confident; accurate self-assessment; recovers quickly from disappointment; able to move on from negative experiences; internal locus of control; reflective about own behaviours and strengths/weaknesses.
- Results and Achievement Orientation: Tracks performance; goal driven; focused on results; sets standards of excellence; strives to be the best; accountable; ambitious; high energy and drive; accepts responsibility for good and poor personal performance; always seeking improvement from self and others.
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a police check and a Working with Children check (where applicable)