|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Partner Development Manager within our Australian Defence and Intelligence business unit. This role will drive the business Strategy of our engagements with military systems integrators (MSI) and related partners.
The Partner Development Manager (PDM) role is responsible for the 360 degree business relationship by partner type that could potentially sell, service and support Microsoft’s three cloud solutions. The PDM is the pivotal role in the relationships Microsoft builds with partner companies.
You will be joining a high performing team that works together to support our partners and their customers in the Defence and intelligence area, strong collaboration and learning skills will be key to the role. More specifically you will;
- Work with Partners to identify new markets and emerging opportunities for Microsoft.
- Identify and fill gaps through partners to facilitate solution development
- Create strategic relationships with key partners to build out the ecosystem
- Build and maintain 360 degree executive Partner relationships
- Build joint solutions portfolios with key partners, determine go to market, sales and engagement strategies with partners
- Orchestrate across key roles in the partner and Microsoft teams (sales, technical, enablement) to execute strategy.
- Coordinate and lead face-to-face Partner meetings with senior and C-Level Executives.
- Be responsible for Partner growth, sales and performance in their Microsoft practice
The Partner Development Manager (PDM) should have experience working with the Defence and Intelligence community and should be familiar with the organizational makeup, core missions and strategies of mission systems, and government information technology environments. Knowledge of and work experience with specific Government programs and the Government acquisition cycles as it relates to large mission support capture pursuits.
The PDM will have 7+ years technology business development and/or consulting experience working with the Australian Defence and Intelligence community. Ability to communicate directly with senior government, partner and industry personnel and should have a good understanding of Microsoft solutions and associated technologies, particularly Cloud. Have a strong expertise with enterprise solutions and partners; leadership, sales, negotiation, organizational, creative, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen. The successful candidate must have an NV1 Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
- Australian Government NV1 Clearance, including the prerequisite of Australian citizenship. This role will be based in Canberra, Australia.
- Some travel will be required (<20%)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.