|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Based in Benalla, Vic
- Permanent Role
- Industry Leader
The DM Roads business provides a range of services in road network management. We assist road and intelligent transport systems (ITS) asset owners to extract maximum value from their assets and provide road networks that meet the demand of today’s ever-changing environment. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road.
We are looking to appoint a talented Quantity Surveyor to join our team based in Benalla. The successful candidate will be given the responsibility of overseeing the daily performance of the key commercial and business governance for North Eastern Maintenance Alliance Contract. This role will provide a link between delivery, commercial teams and the client and will contribute to the ongoing success and profitable performance of the contract.
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor our ideal candidate will be a commercially astute member of the team possessing a practical understanding of construction methodologies, profound commercial awareness/contractual interpretation and the ability to understand and analyse financial data/trends to optimise outcomes.
- Ideally, you will have exposure in the civil road industry and hold qualifications in Quantity Surveying, Construction / Commercial Administration or similar.
- Undertaking the valuing of variations and potential variations
- Feasibility analysis, tender documentation preparation and analysis and bill of quantities
- Contract management skills including full Subcontract Procurement & Management
- An understanding of the relevant Occupation Health and Safety Act, regulations and legislation as applied to the civil industry.
- Possess strong skills in planning; organisational and time management
- Well-developed consultative communication skills with the ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders
- Be outcome-focused and have a thorough understanding of the factors affecting end product and result.
- Drive continuous performance improvement and innovation across the group
- Exposure in civil road construction, road maintenance and road surfacing would be highly regarded.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Helen.email@example.com or phone on 0409 072 562.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.