|Job Type:||Full Time|
Where we play:
WooliesX Hub is based 2 minutes walk from Central station and walking distance from all the cafes and restaurants that Surry Hills has to offer. The brand new site has been designed to support flexible working with different spaces for different activities such as collaboration, brainstorming or just chilling out.At WooliesX, we also believe in flexible working, and our teams also have the option to work from home or our corporate head office in Bella Vista.
What we are looking for?
WooliesX are seeking senior .NET Software Engineers to join the squads in the Order Fulfilment Tribe. The tribe primarily focuses on the various systems and platforms that make picking, delivery and collection of all orders from our ecomm channels.
Software Engineers work in a team of 3-5 engineers, Technology Lead, a Product Owner, BA and QAs/test engineers to uplift the online platform that powers Australia’s leading supermarket with significant growth plans.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You’re driven by a customer mission and passionate about being part of a tribe of great people. Whatever you love - design, technology, engineering, you’re active in the community that sits around it.
- You orient around doing what’s meaningful, purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of a digital transformation and disrupting one of Australia’s biggest companies through its new tech venture.
- You’re curious and empathetic, with an eye for the bigger picture. You deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas and continuously learning. You take authorship for what you create.
- We’re looking for someone with a passion for modern technology and an interest in e-commerce.
- You will be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- You thrive on analysing problems, formulating solutions, and making those a reality. You build for the long term.
- You have a passion for quality and know what best-in-class engineering looks like and want to help drive the journey.
- You’re an engineer with experience dealing with complex problems.
- You ‘get’ agile and feel comfortable giving input on team processes.
- You are keen on what best-in-class engineering looks like and want to go in the journey.
- You’re involved in the Software Engineering community. You enjoy attending meetups, conferences, have a blog or a GitHub portfolio.
- You enjoy being part of every part of the Software development lifecycle. You can own the code from inception through to Production.
- You want to be part of a Digital Transformation and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- You don’t have to have worked in retail or with a big corporate, but you might have. Or you may have invested your talent in startups, digital SMEs or management consultancies. What you do need is to know how you could contribute to our teams. Be interested and interesting!
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners, BAs, QAs and other engineers to develop high quality, scalable and performant solutions. .
- Participate in the technical delivery of the squad, from designing solutions to deploying them and ensuring correct operation. Help and collaborate with engineers in other squads and tribes.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies.
- Work closely with Tech Leads to design always-on, maintainable, robust, secure systems.
- Help more junior software engineers upskill themselves through guidance, advice and knowledge sharing.
We need you to have:
- Strong experience in modern engineering practices and disciplines.
- Ability to stay calm in challenging circumstances and work through problems methodically.
- Details oriented mindset.
- Good understanding of Agile & Lean delivery principles. Provide input to team processes.
And these technical skills:
- Excellent .NET skills including C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI and Entity Framework
- Solid experience in Unit Testing principles
- REST APIs
- Always-on microservice architectures
- Strong MS SQL Server including performance optimisation
- Azure cloud experience or another cloud provider
- Strong experience with CI/CD, infrastructure as code, DevOps, automation, SRE principles
- Strong understanding of web security (OWASP TOP10, etc.)
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with event streaming, service bus or message queues (Azure Event Hubs/Service Bus, Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar)
- Working with Docker containers/clusters
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Castle Windsor or another IoC container
- Experience in working with NoSql databases
What's in it for you:
- An attractive remuneration package
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You