|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: Jilalan Depot, Sarina (near Mackay)
REM: Attractive salary package
Exceptional opportunity to join our newly created Crew Planning team based at our Jilalan Depot in Sarina (near Mackay).
The successful candidate will have experience working in a planning area, utilising their analytical ability to understand supply and demand and/or track how accurately plans are executed. Candidates will ideally have experience, or exposure to, resource planning (either workforce planning or other resources), but candidates with strong transferable analytical skills with an interest in crew planning are also encouraged to apply.
About the role:
- Analysing data to understand crew supply/demand scenarios, looking up to 24 months ahead
- Creating 10 and 2 week crew supply/demand forecasts
- Working alongside our customer team to understand demand (orders)
- Liaising with crew depot managers to understand supply (crew availability) and any potential upcoming issues
- Collaborating with crew depot managers to reduce variance from the master crew rosters
- Helping implement improvements to the crew training planning process
- Collaborating in various other business transformation initiatives
- Occasionally required to perform the daily crew rostering duties to refresh process knowledge and provide leave coverage
- Have a keen eye for detail, excellent numeracy skills and a methodical approach to ensuring the accuracy of planning work delivered
- Excel in critical thinking
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships with varied stakeholders within the business
- Competent with Microsoft Excel
- An interest in newer business solutions, such as Microsoft Power BI
- Capacity to understand relevant Enterprise Agreements, people issues and how these impact the business
- High level of communication skills in providing clear and succinct verbal and written information
- Ability to work well in a small team
- Optional: Experience with Lean Six Sigma or other improvement methodology highly regarded
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
To learn about us and our company values, visit www.aurizon.com.au
Please apply online however should you have any specific questions about this position (reference 86377) please contact Christine on 07 4943 4341