|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
- High performing & progressive team
- Flexible and inclusive work environment
- Exciting growth plans, both locally and internationally
Your new team
Our Finance and Operations group ensures the Fund's considerable financial, commercial, legal and operational activities are timely and accurate. Dedicated to continuous improvement, it is a team led by managers who advocate for their people, are open and approachable and who share their knowledge.
The infrastructure team have responsibility for the funds Infrastructure Portfolio Strategy involving the ongoing pursuit and management of direct infrastructure investments within targeted subsectors across global developed markets along with development of potential investment strategies through SMAs with managers, platforms and targeted emerging markets investments.
Your new role
You will be responsible for ensuring the legal and commercial elements regarding the Fund's infrastructure investments are effectively identified, negotiated and documented at the outset and continuously monitored, with assistance also being provided to the broader portfolio as needed. You will autonomously manage and drive the legal and related due diligence required of the assets in which the Fund is planning to invest, with a focus on the Fund's direct, large scale investments in infrastructure (>$500m). You will lead the identification, escalation and mitigation of legal risks associated with the Fund's investment activities as part of the legal work stream, taking ownership for the development and implementation of appropriate control processes, precedents and checklists for the ongoing review of investments.
As a commercially astute self-starter, you will be a trusted advisor to the Infrastructure Team, providing strategic advice on existing investments and presenting at Investment Committee meetings and other decision-making forums to advise on key risks. You will also ensure initial and ongoing documentation is comprehensive and accurate while managing the external relationships with our due diligence providers.
- 15+ years of experience (which must include infrastructure experience) working within private practice at a large law firm or an in-house legal function within an institutional investing organisation, with an understanding of corporate / M&A / debt or other transactional law.
- Extensive experience working on large-scale infrastructure transactions (>$1 billion) either domestically or offshore with sound commercial judgement and an ability to commercially advise on legal and commercial risks
- Extensive experience with drafting contracts, preparing reports, analysing information and drawing conclusions coupled with a deep understanding of the key commercial drivers in infrastructure transactions.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to present ideas, perspectives and issues to senior and executive management and the Board and its subcommittees
- To be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with highly tuned negation skills
- Bachelor of Laws / Tertiary qualifications in Law and Current legal practicing certificate or eligible to be admitted to practice in Victoria or NSW
What you will get in return
You will be working with a Manager who values personal growth and is supportive of on-going development and partnering with an Infrastructure team that are delivering excellent outcomes for our members. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes. We are proud to have held our WGEA certification for the past 8 years and to be recognised as one of Australia's leading workplaces for Dads.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now by responding with your current resume and a cover letter with succinct to the following questions.
1. Tell us how you have managed through the legal and commercial complexities of a major infrastructure transaction (>$1 billion), either domestically or offshore.
2. Give us some insight into your excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver complex project outcomes.
3. How, and in what context, have you developed and implemented control processes around large scale infrastructure investments?
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.