|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Partner Dev Manager – Recruit (PDM-R) is an important contributor to Microsoft's partner engagement strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organisation (OCP). Microsoft aspires to offer the most comprehensive, inclusive, and profitable partner network in the industry. OCP leads this effort in recruiting new partners, building solutions on Microsoft’s Cloud Platforms, creating vibrant routes to market, and selling with impact to our joint customers.
The role will be recruiting and managing partners for our Azure business across Australia. The goal of the PDM-R is at the start of this journey. The PDM-R Identifies, qualifies, engages, and enables strategic partners to develop solutions on the Microsoft’s Cloud Platforms. With these new partners and solutions on the Microsoft Cloud Platform, we can better provide the right partner, at the right time, to solve customer business challenges.
The PDM-R represents Microsoft to these partners, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive application development, long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of cloud applications leading to workload/industry based co-sell.
The Partner Dev Manager – Recruit will work with strategic partners to join Microsoft Cloud Platform and build solutions that will provide a unique expertise and solve customers’ business challenges.
Key responsibilities include:
Recruitment Strategy and Planning - Develop Partner Recruit Strategy and Compete Plan: research, qualify and analyse potential new partners, articulating market insights about competitors. Create Recruit strategic partners target list based on Recruit Council, Capacity Plan, Industry Solution Categories and Segment priorities. Target list of highest value solution for the territory.
Build a trusted advisory relationship with partners - Builds expansive network with Business and Technical managers: sharing ideas, perspectives, building trusted advisory reputation within partner team. Create Executive Sponsorship and Relationships to build trust and drive for commitments.
Build New Solutions – Secure partner commitment to build net-new solutions on Microsoft cloud platform. Evangelise profitability of MS relationship, MS value proposition, quantify market opportunity and align expectations on engagement, deliverables, SLA, programs and services. Coordinate engagement of teams required to enable/skill up partner and manage solution development.
Leverage and request Microsoft Programs Services to:
- Support partner on launching new solution on Modern Marketplace and ensure solution is discoverable
- Create/execute GTM plan for new solution
- Coordinate with Channel Managers for first customer opportunities
- Supervise partner engagement with Microsoft Programs, ensure SLA and Partner satisfaction and deliverables.
Drive business growth - Accountable for the growth of the business across the Azure partner portfolio, aligned with the Channel Management & Co-sell team, inclusive of expected partner impact. Drive business performance measured by revenue (usage & consumption), customer acquisition, apps, as well as the support global expansion. Demonstrate account management excellence through high quality interactions with the partner, and through well-orchestrated interactions between partner executives and Microsoft executives.
Partner Experience – Execute timely and appropriate transfer of partner to partner management teams for long-term partnership, or transfer partner to programmatic assistance when no longer appropriate for PDM-R engagement.
- 5+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
- Background in large strategic pursuit deals or partnerships
- Minimum AZ900 level Azure skills
- Foundational understanding of Business Applications and Teams
- Working knowledge of cloud business models & how apps/services are brought to market.
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Proven track record in leading virtual teams across functions and geographies: Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment; Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Executive presence and ability to influence executive business leaders through business value propositions
- Experience with technology platforms and developing new solutions
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Bachelor's degree desired (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations) MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.