BHP is deploying a global program of work, known as the BHP Operating System (BOS). It is the next step in our continuous improvement journey and a critical part of our transformation that will shape BHP’s future and build a better BHP with a more empowering culture.
The BHP Operating System will fundamentally change how we think and behave at BHP and is founded on three core principles: Serve Our Customer, Pursue Operating Perfection & Empower Our People. It provides the framework to deliver a step change in our safety and productivity performance, putting our employees at the heart of continuous improvement and will empower every employee to continuously improve the way we work.
Reporting to the Head of BOS Deployment, the Site Coach will be responsible for leading the BOS deployment across Nickel West North – supporting two GMs and their respective teams in understanding and adopting the BHP Operating System. The Nickel West North deployment covers all areas of the Nickel operations except for Kalgoorlie and Kwinana which are part of the Nickel West South deployment.
This role will also be part of a broader BOS West leadership team – including Site Coaches supporting WAIO and the Nickel West South deployments. The ability to learn and replicate across the broader teams deploying the BHP Operating System will be a key opportunity for the successful candidate.
A key accountability would be coaching and supporting the General Manager(s) in the application of the BOS program, methods, and work to embed the new way of working across all of the Nickel West North teams.
Other core accountabilities:
- Oversee and coordinate the deployment of the BOS program and provide coaching to the site leadership team including prioritisation and selection of focus areas and activities;
- Recruit as required, lead and develop the BOS deployment team (Line Coaches, Line Technical Specialists) and work with BOS Deployment coaches to maximise own and team learning;
- Support and coach the Site General Manager(s) with assurance and value delivery, with a focus on ensuring that BOS program is focused in the right areas to deliver value;
- Facilitate implementation of Leader’s Standard Work across Site leadership teams to enable and sustain the BOS, with a focus on coaching the leadership mindset, behaviours and practices;
- Manage the overall BOS deployment for the Operation including deployment planning, delivery and embedment of the BOS framework.
We are looking for individuals that possess business knowledge, demonstrate excellence in leadership on a day-to-day basis, who are innovative with a bias to action, effectively influence others and have a strong ability to build capability in others and lead change. This role will be a site based FIFO role and work across multiple areas of Nickel West over the deployment period.
As the successful candidate, you will join the site management team and possess the following:
- Experienced leader with knowledge of business operations, processes and functions;
- Demonstrated capability in implementing and coaching continuous improvement behavior's;
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and change leadership skills;
- Proven expertise in continuous improvement philosophies and tools (preferred);
- Confidence leading and coaching a significant change program in a matrix environment.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.