|Job Type:||Full Time|
SUEZ currently has a vacancy for a Control Room Operator to safely and efficiently operate the thermal plant whilst maintaining the required regulatory compliance obligations. You will also be responsible for supervising, directing and guiding other on-site staff to support production and maintenance, managing and approving on-site works via our permit and risk assessment systems, and timely reporting of hazard concerns, incidents, and plant performance related observations. This position is required to work on rotating shift basis.
- Act in a manner consistent with the organisations values and aligned with the objectives of the health, safety, quality and environmental policies.
- Safe and compliant (to EPA license and other operating conditions) operation of thermal plant systems whilst monitoring, diagnosing and problem solving via the use of the HMI control system
- Supervision of thermal plant area and direction of ground crew personnel as required to operate and maintain the DTD.
- Site supervision on nightshift (and other shift times as required) to ensure efficient operation of the thermal plant and use of resources. Act a site point of contact during Silent Hours (5:00pm to 7:00am).
- Lead and coordinate activities associated with isolations, completion of Task Assessments, and issuing of permits as required to support site works
- Apply skills in risk management in relation to threats to safety, quality and the environment and ensure documentation is available and completed
- Ensure thorough transfer of information during shift handover with Production Engineer or oncoming crows, ensuring all relevant safety environmental, quality and production information is passed on with an adequate level of detail and understanding.
- Timely completion of shift production data and checklists to Production Engineer.
- Actively report hazards and incidents on the SVJV site. Recommend measures for addressing hazard and ensure adequate follow-up and closing of all actions required
- Notify the production engineer of any non-compliant operations or quality deficiencies as soon as practical and suggestions for rectification
- Highlight maintenance issues to the production engineer and maintenance engineer directly and via shift reports
- Directing QA/QC tasks and performance of DTD shift crew to ensure sampling segregation and labelling is accurate and complete
- Assess and assist with implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Assist the production engineer with shift coverage coordination (example: sick leave cover)
- Undertake general plan assembly and maintenance work (as qualifications permit).
- Operate mobile plant or trade specific activities (as qualifications permit) and other plant in situations required by the production engineer
Experience in round the clock operating plant environment, awareness and diligence in complying with company EH&S, Industrial safety and EPA licensing requirements.
Interpersonal communication skills, personnel management, motivate and provide guidance the shift crew, strong communication with other CROs and management
EWP, Confined Space Entry, Working at Height