|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for your next career move? Do you need a lifestyle change? We have an opportunity for you to join us on large scale operation with a life expectancy of 20 years
Downer Mining are seeking for an experienced Underground Charge Up Operators to join the team on a permanent basis at Carrapateena , a large-scale, world class modern underground mine owned by OZ minerals located in South Australia 160km north of Port Augusta.
The Carrapateena team works a lifestyle friendly fly in fly out shift roster of 14/14. We have short chartered flights from Adelaide or Port Augusta to site.
If you are South Australian based or would consider relocating for a permanent position, we would love to hear from you.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Mine Superintendent, you will be responsible for safely operating underground mobile fleet. You will work as a collaborative team to achieve set targets and requirements for our client, OZ Minerals.
- Prior underground hard rock experience is essential
- Current manual drivers license
- All valid and relevant qualifications, certificates and licences (RPL’s)
- Current and Valid SA Blasters Licence or Equivalent Shotfirers Licence
- Current and Valid Dangerous Goods Card
- Previous experience using emulsion (essential)
- Previous experience operating Normet Charmecs (preferred)
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean workspace at all times
- Willing and able to pass Pre-employment checks, including a National Police Check
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- Committed to a No Harm Environment
What We Offer
- Accommodation provided by Tjungu village which offers free Wi-Fi, great dining facilities with a range of food options as well as a range of lifestyle options to make you feel at home;
- Telstra 4G mobile network coverage available across site;
- A permanent role with a competitive and attractive hourly rate and accrual of 5 weeks AL with competency-based pay increases;
- Access to a range of employee benefits and discounts on health insurances and local health check programs, as well as discounted vehicle hire and much more!;
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative;
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities;
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employee;
- Job security in the form of a long term contract and a long term mine life.
How To Apply
To register your interest, please hit the “apply now” button and follow instructions to register
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.