It's an exciting time for BHP Operations Services as we continue to grow our opportunities across the Bowen Basin. BHP are currently transforming our current landscape with an aim to focus on our front line maintainers.
We are currently looking for Permanent HV Electricians across a number of our mine sites. With some of the industry’s most cutting edge equipment, BHP love being able to afford our employees opportunities unlike anywhere else.
Do you want to join us on this amazing journey and become part of the BHP Family?
At BHP Operations Services we believe in investing in our people by nurturing and developing you to help achieve your potential. We are seeking driven and committed HV Electricians who strive to be the best they can be through continuous self-improvement. We like to question the norm and embrace new ideas and thinking, proactively working in an evolving and highly safety focused environment.
What we offer
- Permanent positions
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Even time roster and camp accommodation
- Flexible work options – part-time, job share
- Generous share match scheme
- Novated leasing
- Genuine career progression
- A broad range of discounts through our employee benefits package
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program
About the role
- Complete routine inspections
- Conduct preventative maintenance
- Ensure all procedures are followed to maintain safety standards
- Contribute to ongoing team and self-development
- Previous experience within mining is essential
- Demonstrated experience in mine site maintenance of electric haul trucks, dozers, graders, draglines, electric shovels and auxiliary equipment.
- Letourneau and Komatsu experience would be highly regarded
- A strong commitment to safety
- Australia recognised trade qualification (Electrician)
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
Part of this application process will involve online assessment and an engagement centre. BHP will provide you with all the information you need to help you prepare for this. If you’re interested in joining a company that is committed to giving back to its employees then please apply now.
Supporting a Diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.