|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
We are looking for Fixed Plant Electricians to join the Mesa A Fixed Plant Electrical Maintenance team to provide safe and efficient electrical maintenance, repairs and fault finding to our assets. These roles are a great opportunity for safety conscious individuals looking for a new challenge.
The roles will be offered on a FIFO roster ex Perth (8 days on, 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 days off) with an approximate 2-hour bus commute to/from site through the scenic Pilbara.
Reporting to the Statutory Electrical Supervisor, these roles will require you to:
- Maintain electrical infrastructure for the wet and dry plants as per the weekly schedule
- Identify and recommend plant improvements to reduce cost and down time
- Maintain statutory electrical inspections and records as required by MSIR
- Complete fault finding and repairs of electrical systems and equipment
- Complete isolations and inspections to identify faults and raise quality notifications in SAP
- Complete quality handovers with oncoming crews and other maintenance teams including contractors as well as assisting different teams as required by your leader
- Ensure all electrical work activity is carried out in accordance with site safety standards and procedures
To be successfully considered for this role, we are seeking the following:
- An Electrical trade certification and WA A-grade Electrical License
- A HV Operator ticket
- Current Senior First Aid / CPR & LVR certificates
- A Manual C-class Australian driver’s licence (HR desirable)
- High Risk Work License (EWP)
- Current Confined Space and Working at heights certificates
- A basic understanding of SAP maintenance systems
- Ability to work safely and cooperatively in a small team, demonstrating flexibility to business requirements
Where you will be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The Mesa A mine is located approximately 50 kilometres west of Pannawonica. Employees fly into Karratha airport and commute approximately 2-hours via bus to/from site through the scenic Pilbara.
What’s on offer?
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life. Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process. So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Applications for this role will close on 21/01/2021, however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly In and Fly Out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.