|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
This role is within JC2SPO working on the ADF Electronic Flight Bag system. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance tasks on the VMware Workspace ONE mobile device manager that supports the ADF EFB system. The role will also involve provision of technical support and information security accreditation work.
As the successful candidate you will possess experience in the following:
- Demonstrated experience in ICT system administration
- Understanding of the Australian Government Information Security Manual
- Exposure to the aviation environment
- Ability to work with guidance, demonstrating initiative and responsibility
- Strong written (in accordance with Defence writing standards) and oral communication skills
- Formal information security qualifications
- VMware Workspace ONE UEM qualifications
- Microsoft Office 365 qualifications
- An experienced ICT Systems Administrator who communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.