|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
This role is within the CASG environment working on L200-2 Battlefield Command System (BCS), specifically the Battle Management System (BMS) Sub-Program. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing commercial advice regarding the management of a large ASDEFCON contract and several smaller contracts associated with the BMS. The role will involve providing commercial advice to the senior leadership team and project office staff on all commercial and contractual matters. The role will also support the development and review of contract change proposals and subsequent negotiations.
The role will also oversee key contractual correspondence to ensure the commercial and contractual aspects are considered and supporting the overall management strategy to deliver the BMS capability.
As the successful candidate you will possess experience in the following:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing an ASDEFCON contract in Defence
- Ability to work with limited guidance demonstrating initiative and responsibility
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to advise and interact with key staff across Engineering, Project Management, ILS and material Procurement Branch.
Essential Qualification :
- Experience with Commercial / Contractual Management within CASG.
- Postgraduate qualifications associated with contract management and development.
- An experienced Contract Manager who communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV2 level).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV2 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.