|Job Type:||Full Time|
Operating in a highly competitive and dynamic financial services environment, QSuper manages around $113 billion in funds for over 585,000 members and is committed to working with our members so they can feel more confident they are making the best choices for their situation. QSuper Limited and QInvest Limited are ultimately owned by the QSuper Board of Trustees.
The QSuper Group has approximately 1,200 employees, and our culture is one where "members are at the heart of everything we do". Our employees bring this culture to life by behaving in line with our unique values which ensures our success through our actions every day.
We currently have opportunities available for a Test Analyst and a Senior Test Analyst - Performance to join our IT Delivery team, both on a permanent basis. At both the Test Analyst and Senior Test Analyst level, you'll lead the analysis, planning, preparation and execution of testing for projects and releases and will ensure system and application changes are fit for purpose.
As a Senior Performance Tester, you will participate in the planning, preparation, execution and analysis for identifying performance bottlenecks. You'll also help establish corporate guidelines, standards, and best practices in the use and deployment of testing solutions. You'll champion continuous improvement and will coach and mentor less experienced team members to achieve effective and efficient testing outcomes. Reporting to the Domain Test Lead, the ideal Senior Test Analyst - Performance will demonstrate expertise in performance testing and will play an integral role in the close-knit and energetic Performance testing team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The ideal Test Analyst will demonstrate some or most of the below:
- Prior experience in the planning, design and execution of test plans and test cases (automated and/or manual) for functional and non-functional testing
- Excellent customer-service and communication skills, with the ability to effectively juggle multiple requests at one time, keeping stakeholders in the loop
- Experience raising, tracking and retesting defects to ensure systems are operating effectively
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a can-do attitude and attention to detail
- Ability to learn new things quickly and gain expertise in complex business systems
- Experience using SOAP UI, JIRA, OpenText Exstream (Test Analyst only) and/or Confluence highly regarded
- XML reader tools e.g. Visual studio or Oxygen
- Knowledge of HP ALM or other test management tools highly regarded
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or another related field will be highly regarded as will knowledge of Agile methodology.
To be considered at Senior Test Analyst - Performance level, you'll also ideally demonstrate some or most of the below:
- Prior experience in performance testing, ideally using Load Runner and/or J Meter
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a can-do attitude
- Ability to learn new things and gain expertise in complex business systems quickly, and with attention to detail
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or another related field will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrable leadership experience in coaching and motivating people to reach a common goal
- A thorough understanding of the software development life cycle and Agile methodology
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance testing methods and approaches and causal analysis
- A proactive mindset, identifying and suggesting improvements to our solutions and driving continuous improvement
- Proven ability to identify and prioritise roadblocks, and to motivate other team members to address issues in a proactive and timely manner.
At QSuper we are proud to champion respect and we value diversity amongst our employees to support an inclusive workplace. We are passionate about selecting talented people based on their qualifications, capabilities and experience relevant to the role.
We value flexible working arrangements, however we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you, which may include the opportunity to work from home or flexible hours.
What you do today, inspires tomorrow
Click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts. The closing date for applications is Thursday, 21 January 2021.
Click the link to view the position description for the Test Analyst and Senior Test Analyst.
Please note, owing to a high volume of applications, QSuper reserves the right to close the applicant portal ahead of this deadline if necessary.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact those candidates that are short-listed for interview.
We choose to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this opportunity, so if you're interested, please apply.