|Job Type:||Full Time|
Metallurgical Coal Australia
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
Reporting to the Commericial Manager, the primary purpose of this role is the provision of meaningful information analysis to assist site management to make valued based decisions to improve business performance.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Broad commercial acumen
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Business Analytical experience in the mining industry
- Business acumen and an appreciation for issues relevant to mine sites
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills to influence and achieve buy in from key stakeholders
- An understanding of the coal mining process
- Knowledge of relevant mining legislation
- A high level of strategic thinking, planning and problem solving ability
- An understanding of key safety risks and ways to mitigate these
- An ability to identify, lead and develop talent within the business
- Assist and drive any cost reduction opportunities and projects
- Preparation of, detailed analysis and interpretation of, reporting and commentary
- Month End processing and reporting
- Joint Venture accounting and reporting
- Assist the Commercial Manager with the delivery of Cost, Capital & Contract control and management.
You will be tertiary qualified in Business, Engineering or related discipline and have demonstrated experience in operating in a similar role within the mining industry. Additional qualifications such as Lean Six Sigma, CA, CPA or MBA would be viewed favourably.
You will bring with you the ability to apply analytical and quantitative skills in a complex environment. Advanced MS Excel skills is essential as is previous experience extracting financial and KPI data from SAP systems.
This is a 5/2, Monday – Friday roster based at one of Capcoal Surface Operations in Middlemount, QLD. This role is suitable for both DIDO/FIFO and residential options with subsided housing or camp accommodation included.
Who we are?
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
03 February 2021
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American’s Metallurgical Coal Business does not accept applications from Recruitment Agencies.