At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Reporting to the Supervisor Work Trains, you will operate the day-to-day effective running of the work trains whilst maintaining a high level of safety, service and work quality. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Safely operate BHP Ballast Wagons (loading and dropping of ballast throughout the network)
- Safely operate BHP Steel Train (loading and delivering various continuous welded rail lengths throughout the network)
- Comply with all rail safe working requirements
- Follow specific operating procedures
- Follow specific maintenance procedures
- Support the Track Machine Workshop teams as required
- Support rail Project teams on resource delivery throughout the network
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Current Australian C Class Licence
- Knowledge of work trains techniques, materials (Ballast and Steel work trains, rail string dropping and picking up, loading and dropping of ballast) and understanding railway operations and maintenance is highly regarded
- The ability to work cohesively within a small team, with drive and focus on safety is essential
As a residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional center in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
As a fly-in fly-out role you will be based at Port Hedland but residing in one of our outstanding facilities… FIFO villages include a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.