South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminum, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realize the potential of their resources.
About the role
The Principal HR Business Partner provides strategic coaching, advice and support to South32 functional leaders regarding people management across the employee life cycle. This includes a focus on influencing key leadership teams at VP level and acts as a leadership coach to these teams.
The purpose of the role is:
- Identify and implement people strategies that deliver value and support the achievement of South32 business goals and desired culture
- Acts as a change agent, identifying trends and develop insights to constructively challenge, influence, anticipate and plan for future business needs
- Support and govern key HR processes across the employee lifecycle
- Input into business strategies and organisational policies to enable the people agenda for allocated client groups within South32
- Solve problems and find better ways of working
- Understand key drivers of business performance in functions, driving improvements in productivity to maximise return on investment
- Partner and collaborate with the broader HR function to achieve results that deliver value and are aligned with the global HR business plan.
- Relevant degree or appropriate experience (preferable in HR/IR, Organisational Behaviour or Change Management)
- 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to coach and influence senior leaders in a functional or professional services environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, influence and make decisions within multi-functional teams
- Industrial and employee relations experience.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organization, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.