|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. You will help our managed customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities. By joining one of the fastest growing customer segments in the technology industry, you will help customers get to the cloud across Microsoft solution areas like Modern Work, Business Applications, Applications and Infrastructure, and Data and AI.
The Technology Solutions team consists of highly capable individuals that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. Digital Technical Specialist’s main goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase, implement and use our online services and solutions. You will work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Modern Work Platform of Microsoft 365 and Surface.
Technology Specialists (TS) are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts for their colleagues to further pursue. As a TS, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Microsoft 365 Security, Compliance & Identity solutions sales/usage targets in your accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based technologies.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft 365 is one of the most innovative cloud platforms in computing today and Microsoft is hiring Modern Work - Security & Compliance Technical Specialists (TS).
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will be the subject matter expert on your local sales team leading technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, production ready pilots for the Microsoft 365 suite, with a focus on Security, Compliance and Identity solutions.
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and delivering proof of Microsoft technology solutions to customers and secure their agreement our solutions meet the success criteria for their security, compliance and identity architecture.
- You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- You will lead to clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Security, Compliance and Identity sales and customer usage.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs
- You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
- You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for your domain.
- You will be recognized for sharing, learning, and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. Microsoft encourages thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
Technical Solution Leader
- Security & Compliancearchitect. Experience and ability to design key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity and availability across multiple cybersecurity and compliance topics including endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, cloud-based identity and access management solutions, threat hunting and forensics, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance required.
- Identity architect. Experienced professional able to design cloud-based identity and access management solutions as well as hybrid architectures and integration of cloud-based apps (SaaS) required.
- Insatiable Learner. Desire to know more than the standard and stretch to know more than Microsoft products required.
- Practitioner mindset. Committed to knowing not just what solutions can do but practices the skills required to properly implement solutions required.
- Cloud Trust. Practical expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions required.
- Technicalbreadth. Extensive customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management; broad experience with Microsoft 365 Security, Azure Security and Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Windows 10 required.
- Technical depth. Domain authority, having enterprise customer experience with design, configuration and implementation of Microsoft or other security & compliance solutionsas well as competitive product knowledge (ex. Okta, Symantec, Boldon James, Proofpoint, Crowdstrike, Arcsight, Splunk)required
- Planning for success. Drive deployment and adoption planning, using Microsoft FastTrack and partners required.
- Community Builder. Able to coalesce customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners into productive working groups required.
- ExcellentCommunicator. Strong people negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Market Maker. Strong leadership and ability to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, industry decision makers and boards required.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused required
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of sales, services, and marketing organizations and partners required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and soft skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- Consummate Professional
- Experience. 10+ years of related experience in technical presales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- Certification in Microsoft 365 Security Administration required.
- Certification in the following required:CEH, LPT, OSCP, or GPEN and CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSED, ECSA or GISP
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.