At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Our Port Hedland operations are seeking a Team Leader to join our Site Infrastructure Team. Reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, you’ll lead a team of carpenters, landscapers and civil technicians whilst working a day shift lifestyle roster; 5 days on 5 days off, 4 days on 5 days off, 5 days on 4 days off.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contract Management of multiple service providers within Site Infrastructure
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring of teams within portfolio
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Monitor jobs in progress and look for safety improvements in the way the job is being conducted
- Complete Field Leadership activities as per KPI’s assigned by Coordinator
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping, attention to detail and quality of work
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Construction, civil or landscaping experience
- Current unrestricted Australian ‘C’ class driver’s licence
- Experienced in 1SAP work management
- Section 44 or responsible person qualifications – desirable
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position, you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.