South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
GEMCO is one of the world's largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds' high-grade manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to execute warehouse operational activities in a safe, efficient and effective manner, ensuring all materials are received, stored and issued accurately, on-time and in accordance with our specified guidelines, procedures and HSE requirements
Other responsibilities include:
- Safely and accurately execute warehouse associated tasks including: Loading and unloading trucks, receipting purchase orders, put-away of inventory, picking and issue of inventory, deliveries and returns
- Ensure compliance to process for stock administration and capture related transactional data into the SAP system.
- Maintain inventory and facility security to prevent financial loss or business impact
- Ensure equipment is operated with care and only utilised within limitations, design and procedures
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all events and hazards and participate in workplace investigations or observations
- Cultivate positive relationships with peers and customers through effective communication and provide constructive feedback on a regular basis.
- Understanding of warehouse administration or inventory management principles
- Must have LF, LO, DG, HR and Working at Heights tickets
- Intermediate proficiency in computer applications including SAP and Microsoft Office
- High level of attention to detail in execution of administrative tasks
- High level of integrity in maintaining security of inventory
- Ability to influence, communicate and engage with internal and external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for the business and maintain strong relationships.
- Competitive salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
This position will be based on Groote Eylandt and is offered on a 7/7 FIFO roster (days and nights) from either Darwin or Cairns. GEMCO is a one hour flight from Darwin and a one hour twenty minute flight from Cairns. GEMCO's facilities include an indoor gym, beachside workout area, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and squash courts, sports oval and scenic walking track.
Applications close 20/01/2021
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.