|Job Type:||Full Time|
Surveyor – Weipa (Multiple Roles)
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Residential roles base in family friendly Weipa
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Surveyor to provide input and contribute towards operational targets by means of timely and accurate surveying functions.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual, who enjoys both engaging with broad stakeholders groups and working autonomously. We are looking for a self-starter who wants to take the next step in their career whilst working for a global mining company.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible. Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Reporting to the Senior Surveyor and working in a challenging and exciting environment within Production Planning team, you will be:
- Providing survey control for the mining operation and support operations in the use of Cat Terrain GPS machine guidance systems
- Conducting stockpile and mining volume reconciliations
- Perform a mapping function for the mining operation
- Liaising with operations, planning and other departments to ensure that all the requirements for survey work are met on schedule
- Carrying out month end and statutory reporting.
- Operating a UAV to carry out various survey tasks.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Degree qualifications in Surveying or similar
- Minimum C class driver’s license
- Extensive practical experience in a large open pit mining environment
- Motivated by a desire to understand mining operation value levers and drive improvement
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Deswik and ArcGIS experience
- UAV experience
- Working knowledge of Trimble GPS equipment including RTK and Post processing techniques.
- Registered or eligible to be registered with Queensland Board Of Surveyors (Mining Endorsement)
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years. Over the years, it has developed into a vibrant and diverse cultural hub of the Western Cape. Weipa offers a coastal community rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage that provides families with opportunities to participate in leisure activities, sports and community events. With a strong sense of community, the region has plenty of natural beauty to offer including the opportunities for boating, fishing, camping and exploring.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.