At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
If you are an outcomes focused, energetic person that is absolutely passionate about all water safety and compliance functions then you will be an ideal candidate for our role.
Reporting to the Water Quality Compliance Supervisor (whom shares the same passion and values), within the Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) team you will be responsible for co-ordinating drinking water quality monitoring, compliance, data analysis, and technical support to the all WAIO operational sites.
Additional duties will include:
- Provide the technical support to enable the NPI water services team to meet its objectives set out in the specific (WAIO) drinking water quality standard and the requirements set by the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (ADWG);
- Constructively provide support to the Water Quality Compliance Supervisor as the WAIO interface with external government regulators and drive change within the business in relation to understanding and compliance to ADWG;
- Work with NPI Water Quality Compliance Supervisor to develop new management systems focused on end-point controls;
- Maintain monitoring programs and EnviroSys & EDMS data management systems as it pertains to the site specific drinking water monitoring program;
- Manage WAIO water quality risk assessments (HACCP) for the NPI Water Quality Compliance Supervisor and Superintendent Water;
- Support internal drinking water investigations.
As the successful candidate you will ideally possess some of the following or be interested in developing the following:
- University degree in either environmental science, environmental engineering, chemical engineering, chemical science or equivalent in a related field;
- Strong water quality experience and knowledge in drinking water;
- Experience and knowledge in wastewater systems and processes will be regarded as an advantage;
- Sound knowledge of water chemistry and microbiology specifically health aspects of water quality;
- 5-10 years post university experience in water, or heavy industry environment (in Australia) that has previously managed water in accordance with the ADWG.
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including; incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.