We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
Your new role
The Service Management Analyst is a key role with the IT Services team (ITSM), reporting to the IT Services Manager, and underpins the continual service improvement program essential to delivering the lean services needed by the Fund to support its Members.
A pivotal part of this role is the accountability for process improvement and service uplift of the following core Service Management processes; Service Request and Incident Management, Problem Management, Asset and Configuration Management, Change Management and Continual Service Improvement.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Operate and execute a range of ITSM processes interacting with other technical streams, customers and stakeholders
- Produce and maintain process documentation, standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Collaborate with system administrators, system engineers, developers, end users and organisations to ensure process compliance and utility
- 2IC for the Incident Manager covering the following duties; - Available to cover out of hours support for Major Incident Management
- Focal point for the PIR process including management and tracking of findings, actions and deliverables
- Record and classify received Incidents and undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT Service as quickly as possible
- Keep users informed about their Incidents' status at agreed intervals
- Associate Incidents with other records (i.e. Incidents, Changes, Problems, Knowledge Articles, Known Errors, etc.)
- Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis of all Incidents
- Verify resolution with users and resolve Incidents in ITSM tool
- Owns all Incidents throughout the lifecycle
- Key point of contact for the Service Management continual service improvement program to; - Review, analyse and make recommendation on improvement opportunities for the Fund in each lifecycle phase of ITIL
- Identify and implement activities for better efficiency and effectiveness of IT service management process
- Propose actions to improve the quality of service and cost-effectiveness without impacting customer satisfaction
- Ensure applicable quality management methods are used to support CSI activities
- 2+ years' experience in an IT and Service Management environment
- Previous experience working in an ITIL environment essential along with an understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Background in Financial Services highly regarded
- Must have incident management and problem management experience
- Knowledge of MS Office and /or MS Visio
- Understanding of industry methodologies for accelerating root cause investigations, which may include Kepner AND Fourie, KepnerTregoe, Six Sigma or other
- Some experience in business/process analysis
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
What you will get in return
This role will offer the opportunity to join Australia's largest Super fund and contribute to our Service & Operations team. You will be in a diverse and varied role that this supported by the IT Service Delivery Manager and working with a Manager who values personal growth and is supportive of on-going development. Furthermore, you will have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.