The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
EY is one of four Major Service Providers (MSPs) to the Australian Defence Department’s Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) in a partnership with Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR). Known as the KEY Team, we have been appointed as the MSP to provide professional services to the Integrated Soldier Systems Branch (ISSB).
ISSB is delivering a number of acquisition and sustainment projects to support the Australian Warfighter in all aspects. Some of these include, but are not limited to:
- Lethality Program – Replacement of a wide range of small arms and heavy weapons in use by the Australian military
- LAND 125 – Delivery of an ensemble of non-lethal equipment to support the Warfighter, ranging from ballistic eye protection through to load bearing systems, sleeping bags, cooking gear, body armour and lifejackets. Future tranches will deliver UAVs, exoskeletons, and personal translators
- LAND 1508 – A rolling tranche program, delivering a wide range of capability to the special operations forces
- Simulation Directorate – A project responsible for delivering the next generation of targetry and simulation solutions for Army.
- Clothing SPO – Developing the future commercial strategy of the SPO and the future relationship with industry
The KEY team is embedded in all these projects, and have been and will continue to deliver a range of support to the Commonwealth.
Additionally, KEY is often requested to perform high profile and strategic scopes of work outside the traditional Defence contracting role.
Your key responsibilities
- Liaising with stakeholders from Defence legal, contracting, performance based contracting, engineering, sustainment and fleet management
- Working closely with ILS and Engineering teams to determine product specifications
- Strategic advice around overall commercial approaches and considerations
- Negotiation with industry
- Cost estimation and modelling
- Document drafting for Government approval of projects
- Stakeholder engagement and support
- Strategic industry engagement
- Commercial strategy development
- Contract transition and contract negotiation
- Risk analysis and assessment in a Defence context
- Relationship management with the client and with KBR
- General Commercial Transaction Support to support the Defence Project Director
The successful candidates will be accountable for the service delivery within applicable Commonwealth policy and compliance frameworks and will work as part of a small integrated teams across the SPO. The practitioners may be required to operate in management team lead roles and / or participate in IPTs / tiger teams to support the commercial functions and operate across a range of different projects.
There is the opportunity to gain experience across multiple projects, and in multiple roles. EY is driving the adoption of deliverable focused consulting, as opposed to mere contracting relationships, and we are asked to solve some of the harder problems in Defence.
- Demonstrated commercial nous with minimum 4 years commercial experience and a higher education qualification
- Defence domain experience and interest, with demonstrated experience in CASG or the ADF
- A background in the Defence contracting environment with familiarity with the ASDEFCON suite and the Defence tender evaluation process
- Familiarity with the Defence capability lifecycle
- An existing Australian Government security clearance or an ability and willingness to obtain one in short order
- Well-developed relationship and inter-personal skills
- Strong Defence industry relationships and knowledge
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and challenges
- Ability to undertake stakeholder management and negotiation
- Able to work with minimal EY direction and control
- Self-directed and initiated
- Capable of operating in an integrated contractor and Commonwealth Team
- A sense of humour and a desire to enhance your commercial negotiation and relationship skills
- Patience and strong networking skills