|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office (2 opportunities available, 1 x 6mth maximum term contract & 1 x maximum term contract until August 2021)
- An exciting opportunity for an analytical individuals with prior understanding of the AML/CTF Act
About the role:
As an AML Operations Analyst, the primary purpose of your role is to assist in mitigating Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing risk by providing a professional AML/CTF service. You would be joining a team that is responsible for entity and payment screening against watch lists to identify ML/TF risk associated with sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), Adverse Media and blacklisted persons. In doing this you will ensure compliance with AML/CTF regulatory obligations as well as BOQ policies including BOQ's Financial Crime Strategy. You may also assist in other AML Operations streams of work including transaction monitoring where required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Entity and Payment Screening against watch lists for the BOQ Group using the AML/CTF platform to screen, assess alerts and potential screening matches
- Complete PEP, Financial Crime and/or Sanctions risk assessments
- Liaise with staff across the BOQ Group where required to complete inquiries
- Keeping abreast of emerging AML/CTF and Sanctions trends and issues, including AUSTRAC typologies and relevant media reports
- Assist with financial crimes awareness in BOQ Group, including providing guidance on PEPs and Sanctions.
You may also be required to:
- Undertake transaction monitoring reviews to detect and assess ML/TF risk
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience within a financial institution, preferably within PEP's and Sanctions Screening, AML/CTF transaction monitoring and/or investigations where you will also demonstrate the following experience, skills and abilities:
- Formal training/qualifications in AML/CTF/Sanctions or investigations would be highly advantageous
- Understanding of the banking codes of practice and other relevant legislation including the AML/CTF Act and Rules, Autonomous Sanctions Act, Proceeds of Crime Act Criminal Code and Privacy Act
- Knowledge of ML/TF Risk, including AML/CTF Transaction Monitoring Programs and Customer Due Diligence obligations
- An analytical mindset and problem solving skills
- Report writing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate well with stakeholders
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.