The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for an Entry Level Executive Assistant within the Core Business Services team in our Canberra office.
As an executive assistant, you’ll develop your skills by providing support services to some of Australia's largest organisations. Your experience in business communication will help you to build effective relationships with important stakeholders and senior leaders. You’ll have autonomy and clear responsibilities, working in our friendly, collaborative environment. Your talents will be respected and you’ll be supported in developing the career path you choose.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide high level support to a small group of Partners and Executives
- Organise and manage comprehensive diaries, travel and accommodation
- Screening emails, responding and/or actioning as required
- Prepare expense claims and timesheets on a weekly basis
- Screen phone calls and messages, and follow-up actions, referring to the relevant team member when appropriate
- Prepare and revise documents including presentations, emails, reports, agendas and papers
- Coordinate client events, internal and external, as required, both within Australia and across Asia Pacific.
Skills and attributes for success
- Have the ability to quickly understand the PEDDs’ key clients and stakeholders, and be able to build lasting relationships with key client EAs in order to help facilitate the PEDDs’ goals, help secure time in client and lead partners’ calendars promptly, and help to prioritise PEDD time to priority stakeholders
- Comprehensively and successfully manage busy diaries, including arranging meetings, organising team meetings and events, and travel and accommodation
- Prepare and revise documents including documents, emails, agendas and papers for meetings Perform a degree of inbox management inclusive of screening emails, responding, and actioning as required
- Prepare and process expenses in compliance with firm policies and guidelines
- Compile, update and maintain client contacts and mailing lists using CRM
- Experience and confidence working with Partners, clients and other stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Strong rapport building and interpersonal skills
- High level attention to detail and consistency of output
- Actively support the Firm’s vision and strategies including embracing and promoting change
- Ability to understand professional pressures and remain resilient under these circumstances
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proactive self-starter who can work autonomously
- Effective problem solver, even in the most challenging or difficult situations