|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer’s Major Projects team is responsible for the delivery of our largest and most complex projects nationwide, with a reputation for effective service delivery and quality to our prominently government/public based customers. This can be seen most recently with our major projects in Sydney and Melbourne through our Sydney Growth Trains (SGT) & High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMT) projects respectively.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Communications Manager to join our team in VIC - Melbourne. This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
The Senior Communications Manager is responsible for developing an external communications strategy to support Downer’s positioning in the market for major infrastructure projects. This includes:
- Developing a communications plan to promote project milestones, capabilities and thought leadership
- Evaluating different channels and developing a plan to optimise presence in these (e.g. industry media, industry events, social media, etc.)
- Developing relations with relevant media and developing content for placement in media, in consultation with Corporate Affairs
- Managing required marketing collateral (brochures, videos, position papers)
- Developing opportunities to engage with communities and stakeholders of our projects.
In addition, the Senior Communications Manager will be responsible for developing a plan for internal communications to drive employee engagement and safety awareness.
The ideal candidate enjoys both, the planning phase, as well as the hands-on implementation phase. The role provides much room for creativity and initiative – a great opportunity if you are looking for a place to grow.
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Stakeholder Management, Business Administration, Economics or related field
- 10-15 years’ experience in Communications with a proven track record working within Business Development in a Major Infrastructure, Engineering, Rail or Public Transport project environment
- Experience with government contracts, major infrastructure projects, civil, mining or public transport industries
- Experience in project and budget management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate our Communications strategy to all levels of the business effectively
- Advanced ability in navigating programs from standard MS Office through to Adobe, Adobe InDesign and Content Management Systems
- Strong organisational and analytical mindset with the ability to identify, plan, deliver and assess our Communications Strategy with an eye for detail
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You will work with an ASX listed company that is at the forefront of delivering diversified services across multiple industries
- Receive large scale project exposure with highly visible public projects, providing you the platform to take ownership and be recognised as an industry leader
- You will work with the best in the field, with hands on guidance from the greater business
- Be rewarded with excellent remuneration package
- An employer that fosters diversity and flexible work arrangements
- Full time permanent role based in Melbourne CBD
If this opportunity sounds like you hit “apply now” to register your interest in this unique and rewarding opportunity, should you like to know more around this or other roles with Downer please contact Rachel on Rachel.email@example.com
Please note we do not accept applications directly via email, please apply directly through the online portal
“Not withstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.