|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: Merinda & Moranbah QLD
- Attractive Remuneration
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
About the role:
- Facilitate and contribute achievement of safety and environmental performance targets
- Undertake infrastructure track maintenance including re-railing, undercutting and general track maintenance
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and contribute to the development of new work practices
- Report on work performed
- 9 Day Fortnight roster
- Overtime available
- Class C Drivers Licence (Mandatory)
- Heavy Vehicle Licence (Desirable)
- Excavator & Bobcat Ticket (Advantageous)
- Certificate II or III in Rail Infrastructure (Highly Regarded)
- Ability to work autonomously and function well in a team environment
- Be forward thinking with a strong sense of initiative
- Physically fit individual
- Safety conscious attitude
- Sound level of written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of track maintenance, inspection standards, systems and processes (Highly Regarded)
- Must be willing to be on call
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position call Ally Mead on 02 4014 2746 and reference job number 61370.