|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
- Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
- Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams (e.g. swarming)
- Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
- Create and maintain incident management requests to product group/engineering group
- Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer/ engineer experience
- Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
- Drive technical collaboration & engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
- Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
- System Administration/Configuration of Windows and Linux Operating systems
- Windows and Linux Event Logs/Syslogs
- Windows and Linux Performance analysis using built in performance counters
- Windows and Linux Patch and Security Update Management
- Network connectivity for both private and public networks
- Conceptual knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Security, and Access Control
- Automating Operating System tasks through the use of Powershell, Python, or similar scripting language
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
- Web app development in C# or Java programming
- ASP.NET/MVC application development or support
- Understanding of Databases and how to retrieve data via query language
- Containers solutions such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Cloud computing in general (Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform)
Preferred SOFT SKILLS:
- Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations.
- Strong communications skills – Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills Cross-team collaboration Logical and Critical thinking.
- Passion for technology and customer support.
- Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing.
Preferred TECHNICAL SKILLS - Knowledge of one or two of the following domains:
- Operating System/Virtualization, Networking, Microsoft Azure Platform, Microsoft System Center Suite products.
- Familiarity with OS Internals concepts (Windows, Linux, etc.), Storage, Active Directory and Security
- Understanding of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration, in-depth knowledge of VMware/Hyper-V as a plus.
- Experience with Azure VM configuration and administration.
- Familiarity with networking tools/protocols. (tcpip, http, ping, tracert, tracemon, wire shark, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Platform services. (as a plus)
- Microsoft Azure architecture and its components. (Fabric, Compute, Storage, etc.)
- Azure Platform development and deployment concepts.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.