|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are looking for expressions of interest from experienced SMP Supervisors interested in working with Laing O'Rourke in Western Australia on a FIFO roster (3 weeks on /1 week off). The role will be responsible for supervising employees to ensure assigned worked within the area conforms to quality and time requirements and stays within planned milestones and budget.
All positions will be FIFO and offered on a fixed term basis, with industry competitive salaries.
You will have
- The ideal candidate will possess a hands on involvement in the zero-harm site safety policy, leading by example to encourage safe work practices.
- Management of day to day SMP activities onsite whilst ensuring the timely and profitable delivery of works.
- Supervision of employees to ensure assigned work within the area confirms to quality and time requirements and stays within planned milestones and budgets.
- Daily reporting to provide progress updates to the Construction Manager and planning and scheduling team.
- Ensure compliance with relevant codes and specifications and ensure client requirements are implemented.
- Manage resources to ensure suitable plant and materials are available as and when required.
- Provide input into planning of work packs.
- Delivery of pre-start and toolbox meetings.
- Proven resources experience working with a Tier One Constructor across projects in Australia.
- The preferred candidate for this role will hold a Mechanical Fitter / fabrication trade qualification.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.