|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed Electrical Supervisor to work with our Test & Commissioning (T&C) team on the Sydney Metro City & Southwest project – Australia’s largest Public Transport Project. In this role, you will be responsible and accountable for making sure our internal and subcontractor teams test and commission all system and subsystems in confomity with Design, Quality and Australian standards.
Key Responsibilities for this Role Include:
- Ensure all systems and sub-systems are tested in conformity with design, schedule, quality and Australian standards.
- Report and monitor technicial issues and coordinate with various teams to resolve them.
- Work with the wider T&C team and subcontractors to ensure that safety procedures are complied with and that all team members are aware of their responsibility towards safety.
- Assist with the prepearation of the schedule and report on all T&C progress against target.
- Assist in the development, implementation and ongoing management of systems and process to ensure that T&C Team and Subcontractors are putting the appropriate resources in place to complete the project on time, budget and at the required quality level.
- Monitor EHS performance and implementation of EHS recommendations and keep EHS team informed of progress.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Electrical Trade qualification and a NSW Electrical Supervisors Licence, with sound technical competence and experience.
- Previous experience working with rail signalling, communications, security or similar, especially from a T&C standpoint.
- Expertise handling subcontractors in a complex work environment.
- Exposure to leading a diverse and multicultural team
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
This role is initially a fixed task role for 24 months however there is a strong possibility for the position to become permanent in the future.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups to apply. We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.