|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Engineer to join our team on the Sydney Metro project. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical support for rolling stock through technical investigations and troubleshooting issues to ensure maximum train availability and Reliability Growth.
Key Responsibilities for This Role Include:
- Provide engineering support for field modifications to rolling stock.
- Support technical activity on trains during commissioning, validation and certification runs and warranty according to Alstom best practice.
- Investigate reliability issues and defects and propose solutions in line with Alstom objectives.
- Ensure train configuration control and relevant documentation management.
- Contribute to Fleet Reliability Growth through data analysis and proposal of solutions.
Participation to the troubleshooting in Dayshift and Nightshift.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical/Mechatronic Engineering (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering (with significant exposure to Electrical Engineering).
- Previous experience working within Rail Rolling Stock Maintenance is preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and liaison skills with the ability to tailor your communication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer expectations in an always changing environment.
This role is initially a 7-month fixed task position with potential options for extension.