|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our diverse workforce, focus on relationships and providing customers with high calibre services and solutions, sets us apart.
At Downer, we're inspired by challenge and the chance to create a better future. Our people share a passion for excellence and the desire to inspire others.
Due to continued growth in our business, we are now looking for an energetic, self-motivated and driven team player to join our Transport Services Strategy & Development Team as Bid Manager in either our Auckland or Hamilton offices.
About the role
As a Bid Manager with us, this critical role is essential to securing future works opportunities. The role is an integral part of the success of our business, in particular working with our Transport Services and Facilities Services & Utilities divisions nationally.
As well as leading high value, strategic opportunities, you’ll roll up your sleeves and get involved in using your exceptional communication and writing skills to create high-quality and compelling submissions.
You’ll also need to:
- Work collaboratively as part of a team, including providing guidance and mentorship to our Bid Writers
- Maintain visibility of forthcoming opportunities in the marketplace and assisting with strategic, long-term business planning with key internal stakeholders
- Work alongside and understand our clients, their needs and how we can deliver the best outcomes for them
- Build and maintain relationships, develop and enhance systems, create successful proposals, and add value throughout the business
- Co-ordinate with and manage all relevant stakeholders during all tender stages as required to ensure a professional quality product is provided
You’ll thrive on working with others to influence, develop and deliver bid strategies. You will have a track record in achieving deadlines, working with a range of capable and dedicated people across the business. This is a great opportunity to put your creativity and leadership skills to work every day and to achieve excellent results.
Your success in this role will come from your
- Strong project management skills and the ability to drive the end-to-end bid strategy and proposal development
- Well-developed business acumen and the ability to think and act strategically
- Commitment to quality outcomes and continuous improvement
- A passion for working with and leading diverse teams to develop winning strategies and proposals
- Ability to communicate effectively across different levels of an organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership acumen
It goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway, to fit into this dynamic and diverse team you’ll also bring a can do attitude, where no task is too big or too small and a real team player mind-set.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a diverse team and business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 573790 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.