|Job Type:||Full Time|
It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
Our collaborative and safe work environment allows you to develop and expand your expertise in an industry that’s constantly evolving. We’re committed to equal opportunity and providing a flexible work life balance that empowers you to work smarter and supports your career growth.
Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
This is a permanent full-time position available at our Perth Head Office.
About the Role:
This role is accountable to provide deep cyber security expertise, technical leadership, vision, advice and knowledge for how cyber security should be effectively managed across the organisation.
This position will provide technical leadership to drive the development and implementation of the enterprise-wide cyber security strategy and governance, including: taking a leadership role in the development, maintenance and compliance of cyber security strategy, policies and standards; support the management of cyber security governance forums; and supporting the management of cyber security reporting.
This position will provide insight to cyber security strategy and governance based on regulatory, industry and government cyber security regulations.
This role will coordinate between the various stakeholder groups involved in providing security governance (e.g. asset owners, asset managers, Governance Risk and Compliance, cyber security risk owners, cyber security operations, enterprise architects)across the business to ensure alignment in achieving security objectives through governance documentation and processes and driving cyber security capability uplift.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Analysis, Engineering or a related study, or equivalent significant, broad and deep industry experience
- Cyber Industry Certifications including but not limited to:
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CISM – Certified Information Security Manager ISSAP – Information Systems Security Architecture Professional
- Risk related Certification including but not limited to:
- CISA- Certified Information Security Auditor CRISC - Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
- A seasoned professional with broad and /or deep knowledge and expertise in cybersecurity best practice standards and governance frameworks with at least ten (10+) years’ extensive experience in driving cyber security strategy and governance
- Over seven (7) years working in an IT and / or OT environment, including a broad knowledge and understanding of IT and / or OT systems.
- Sound understand and knowledge of regulatory, industry and government regulations that apply to Western Power.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise / experience in security architecture & security risk management.
- Good knowledge of technical and procedural cybersecurity with respect to application service providers, managed security service providers, infrastructure and telecommunications.
- Extensive demonstrated experience advising in relation to cybersecurity behavioural and technical controls and their effective implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills where the interaction with others is primarily concerned with influencing, developing and motivating people and changing behaviour
- Ability to react appropriately to high pressure dynamic environments and the ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated skills in understanding business requirements and problems in relation to utilising existing or evaluating alternative technologies.
- Ability to gather and analyse data and guide the business towards appropriate solutions.
- Understanding of effective change management.
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close:5th February 2021
Does this role sound like you? If you're ready to be apart of something great, apply now!