|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Civil Designer to join our Infrastructure team.
Based at our global HQ in Fortitude Valley, you will be part of a strong team dynamic that values their people. Cardno has also embraced 'Work Your Way', which enables flexible working tailored to your individual circumstance through an environment of empowerment and trust. As part of your onboarding, Cardno will work with you to tailor a flexible work plan that balances the business needs and your personal circumstances.
We hold a strong industry reputation off the back of successfully delivered projects which are located throughout SEQ and range from master planned communities and high-density developments through to major infrastructure projects.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the delivery of projects and ensure output is of a high standard and within time and cost budget allocations
- Civil engineering design and documentation for urban development, transport and civil infrastructure projects using 12D and AutoCAD
- Provide direction in the pursuit of technical excellence in all design work produced for your projects;
- Work with Project Managers to balance design work requirements with project budgets and schedules as established with clients
- Ensuring client expectations are met and exceeded
To be successful you will display -
- Minimum ten years demonstrated design/drafting experience within a consulting environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering (minimum Diploma of Civil Engineering)
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and experience in transport infrastructure design
- Advanced knowledge of design software including AutoCAD and 12D
- Thorough knowledge of local and statutory requirements, legislation and Australian Standards
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead teams and manage team output
- Familiarity with local authority and state government approval and regulatory requirements
- A commitment to self-improvement and continuing professional development
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.