|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Project Engineer – FIFO
- Join an organisation where the culture is inclusive, exciting and performance driven
- Fly in Fly out role offering 5/2 4/3 roster from Perth
- Be an integral part of a small team with a rapidly expanding portfolio of work
About the role
We have an opportunity for aSenior Project Engineerto join the Operational Readiness team within the Greater Brockman operation. You will have the opportunity to lead, deliver and support a wide variety of sustaining capital, mine enabling and improvement projects.
Reporting to the Projects & Planning Superintendent, your key accountabilities include:
- Leading a team of project professionals consisting of Project Engineers and Project Supervisors
- Leading, planning and coordinating projects from concept initiation to execution, including the preparation of project documentation and procedures
- Overseeing all aspects of project delivery by managing budget, scope and schedule; whilst maintaining a high level of stakeholder engagement guiding relevant projects through the project lifecycle
- Managing mine enabling works and interactions
- Providing periodic status reporting for all assigned projects covering scope, schedule, cost & risk
- The development and mentoring of our up and coming internal talent
What you’ll bring
- A degree in Engineering, Project Management or related discipline
- Substantial project management, project delivery and portfolio management experience
- The ability to lead, plan and coordinate projects from concept to execution, including the ability to prepare project documentation and procedures
- Industry recognised project management qualification such as PMP or Prince 2
- The ability to demonstrate sound financial and analytical skills and possess advanced MS Office, Project and SAP proficiency
- Significant experience in mining, manufacturing or similar heavy industry operation
- Knowledge of Fixed Plant operations and NPI (Non-Process Infrastructure)
- Superior interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence, build credibility and trust across all organisational levels
- A current ‘C’ class driver’s licence
What we offer
- Competitive salary package with annual performance bonus
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options that includes, airport parking, cars and superannuation
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Generous employee share plan
- A broad range of employee discounts in banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Applications close on Sunday 17thJanuary 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)