|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Coates Hire, A Job is never just a Job – It’s Progress.
Driver play a crucial role within Coates Hire, ensuring the safe delivery of goods and equipment across the country. This role at Collie Branch is often the face of Coates Hire and requires exceptional customer service and professionalism, as well as ensuring and maintaining a high standard of safety.
As customer service is crucial in this role, this means you may have to work to a tight deadline or overtime while exercising a level of patience. It is important to provide a level of trust and commitment to the customers and abide by the Chain of Responsibility legislation.
About your responsibilities:
As a Coates Hire driver you will be responsible for the safe professional and timely delivery/pick up of our equipment to and from various site locations. As well as this core responsibility, you will:
- Secure freight while in transit to ensure successful delivery
- Perform general yard duties ensuring an organised and safe yard
- Maintain knowledge of equipment storage and location to ensure efficient retrieval.
- Operate and manoeuvre equipment on and off a tilt tray. eg Boom lifts, scissor lift, forklifts
- Operate a Hiab/crane
As well as having amazing customer service skills and a Can-Do, flexible attitude, you will have:
- Experience loading and unloading equipment using the correct restraint
- A valid heavy vehicle driver’s license. EWP and Tilt tray licences are also highly regarded
- A clean driving record and a commitment to the importance of safety
- Proven customer service skills
- Adequate computer literacy skills and ability to use transport management Applications on the phone
If you can work in a team and have a customer focused approach to work, we welcome your application.
You can make it happen.