|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced Team Leader with AML Operations knowledge
About the Role
As the Team Leader, AML Operations - Reporting Team your primary purpose is to mitigate Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing (ML / TF) risk by overseeing and providing a professional AML / CTF investigation service for the BoQ Group.
The Reporting team complete investigations raised as a result of the Group's AML / CTF Transaction Monitoring Program and where applicable subsequent reporting of Suspicious Matter Reports (SMRs) to AUSTRAC.
In this role you will work closely with our AML Operations Management team ensuring that the operation of the Reporting team is functioning at full potential.
- Forming of suspicion and compliant Suspicious Matter Reports to AUSTRAC on behalf of the BOQ Group
- Adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of approx. 10 team members in the Reporting Team within AML Operations
- Monitoring Quality and SLAs for the Reporting Team
- Undertaking complex investigations as required
- Ensuring Enhanced Customer Due Diligence is applied where applicable
- Developing the knowledge of employees through supervision, guidance, development plans, AML/CTF training
- Remaining up to date with relevant ML/TF Typology information, Assessing potential ML/TF threats and contributing to the Group ML/TF Risk Assessment where required
- Monitoring team performance, goals and expectations
- Maintaining team procedures
- Contributing to the Financial Crime Strategy of the Group
- Assisting with and contributing to relevant project work
- Collaboration with internal teams and external parties and Providing Management Information Reporting where required
Ideally you will have experience in leading a team within Financial Crime, with hands-on experience in AML / CTF transaction monitoring and investigations where you will have experience in compliant SMR reporting to AUSTRAC.
You naturally have the ability to lead, develop and grow a successful team where you are able to share your experience and knowledge of AML / CTF, and understanding of ML / TF Risks. You have strong knowledge of investigative techniques and have the ability to interpret financial data and analytics with a high attention to detail.
You will be required to write and oversee the writing of concise investigation reports. You will have a strong understanding of the AML / CTF Act & Rule requirements and an understanding of other relevant legislation for example the Criminal Code Act, Proceeds of Crime Act.
You will enjoy working in a continuous improvement environment which includes project work, collaborating with internal teams and various external parities whilst keeping up-to-date with relevant ML / TF legislation and industry trends.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.