We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
Your new role
The Accountant, Investment Cost is primarily responsible for the preparation of the Inputs into the Fund's Investment Cost Ratio, assisting in the delivery investment cost reporting and providing timely cost information to stakeholders to drive commercial outcomes and to meet regulatory requirements. The role reports to the Senior Finance Business Partner, Investments.
The role will require active engagement across both finance and the investments department to ensure that reporting is done in an accurate and timely manner.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Delivery of accurate and timely monthly financial management reporting including commentary and insights.
- Manage the collation and input of data from various sources to produce the Investment Cost Ratio for all investment options, with relevant reporting on a monthly basis
- Maintain the cost model (excel) and bespoke software system used to calculate the Fund's indirect investment costs
- Maintain the Fund's activity-based costing model to ensure costs are allocated accurately to investment sectors
- Build relationships with the Investments team to ensure clear and open lines of communication
- Investments experience within Financial Service
- CA/CPA high advantage
- Expert Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand reports and provide commentary on costs
- Developed ability to identify when data and analysis is materially incorrect and obtain solutions
- Strong ability to understand business objectives and drivers and how these translate into financial measures
- Excellent relationship building skills
What you will get in return
Furthermore, you will have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.