|Location:||Australian Capital Territory|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking an Endorsed Enrolled Nurse to work at Amala in Gordon, ACT on a PPT basis.
We want someone who thoroughly enjoys nursing, has excellent clinical skills, can provide engaged leadership and who has a passion for providing exceptional care.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Excel at contemporary clinical assessment, making the most of funding we receive. You’ll be confident using the ACFI funding recording tool to achieve this.
- You’ll coordinate and deliver clinical care using a case management approach and comprehensive assessment processes
- You’ll use your great communication skills to collaborate with our clients, staff, multi-disciplinary teams, external agencies and client’s representatives to ensure we’re working together to achieve goals.
- You’ll contribute to a cohesive and harmonious team that respects each other’s ideas, integrity and abilities.
- Enrolled Nurse, endorsed by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Current First Aid certificate
- Flu Vaccination
Skills & experience
- A good understanding of contemporary aged care, clinical practice and clinical leadership in a residential setting
- Insight into how relevant state and Commonwealth legislation impacts aged care services
- A good knowledge of the ACFI funding instrument and aged care accreditation standards
- Tech savvy with a good grasp on client/data management systems and a knack for learning new programs
- Able to problem solve, negotiate, mediate and resolve conflict
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety Principles and infection control
- Previous experience in the aged care sector and clinical nursing
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
For Further Information Contact: Mark Hankinson - SM of Amala
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.