|Job Type:||Full Time|
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
PO4Salary: $97,703.00 - $105,086.00per annum
Strategy & Corporate Services
Region/Directorate:Human Capital Management
SAFETY & WELLBEING
Closing Date:Midnight 26 January 2021
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Reporting to the Manager Safety and Wellbeing, Human Capital Operations Support, you will provide professional advice and coordinate the development of the QFES health and wellbeing programs to promote positive outcomes for QFES workforce.
Through liaison with the manager, along with key subject experts such as researchers and medical professionals you will research and provide advice on health and wellbeing topics such as, but not limited to: fatigue management, heat stress, nutrition, medical standards and pre-employment assessments.
- Hold an applicable tertiary qualification in human sciences, nursing or occupational health.
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Initiate, develop, implement and coordinate programs and events for the health and wellbeing.
- Provide high level expert advice and guidance on health and wellbeing topics.
- Contribute to research, development, design, maintenance, review and implementation of health and wellbeing programs, standards, policy, systems and activities.
- Research and prepare complex submissions, briefs, reports and correspondence relating to employee health and wellbeing practices across QFES and industry.
- Establish and maintain collaborative networks and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders including participation on committees, working groups and whole-of-government forums.
- Promote safety, health and wellbeing services, through preparation of promotional materials, workshops and symposiums.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Leads strategically
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Leads change in complex environments
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Pursues continuous growth
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Teegan Modderman, Executive Manager Health and Wellbeing on phone 3635 2225 or email Teegan.firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.