|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. With established relationships and world leading insight, we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain Assets, Infrastructure and Facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
About the Role
Due to the arrival of additional rigs on site, we are currently seeking experienced Blast Crew members to join our Drill and Blast team at Eliwana . In this role, you will safely, efficiently and in accordance with site and legislative requirements, conduct and manage successful surface blast crew activities. You will assist the appointed Shotfirer by participating in post-blast analysis to ensure the coordination of required vehicles and equipment are being optimised.
- Undertake required activities during charging and firing of shots
- Achieve blast results within environmental requirements
- Complete shot reports, audit stock and report
- 12 months+ previous experience in a similar role within a mining environment
- Current Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Valid manual drivers licence (HR would be advantageous)
- Demonstrated positive safety behaviour
- Possess an understanding of applicable Regulations and Acts
- Sound Numerical skills and effective communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- A Supportive work environment with professional development opportunities
Please note: You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia.